11 June 2009

Theme Thursday...

SWING !!!
Swing, Jitterbug, Lindy Hop....whatever you want to label it, this 1930's dance phenomena took the world by storm! This dance craze stirred up such a raucous from the world's teen, that the adults in many towns attempted to have it banned. I, for one, am glad that they were not successful! More than just your ordinary two-step, this rug-cutter requires stamina, athleticism and enthusiasm.

!!! WARNING !!!

This post is inundated with pictures!.....ENJOY!!!!!

{click on picture for photo credit::special thanx}


4 comments:

The Clever Pup said...

I can hear Benny Goodman as I read this. Fun post.

Brian Miller said...

wow! nice pics! a swing through dance history, hope you have a great weekend! happy TT!

The Silver Fox said...

Wow, some incredible shots! Thanks for sharing 'em all!

Mrsupole said...

I really enjoyed the pictures and the dancing that they were doing looks like it was a fun time to dance. I think my mom could do some of those dances. I am hopelessly uncordinated.

Thank you for sharing these pictures. I like this stuff.

God bless.