07 April 2009

Reflection:: Last Week...

The saga of the neglected Blog...

Thank Goodness for 'scheduled' posting! Otherwise, my blog would have gone silent for the entire week. Here's what happened...
On Monday of last week {I think that that would have been 30 March}
my event management company was contacted by a publisher of a premier Bridal magazine {who was producing his 2nd annual Bridal Gala- one spectacular event that is greatly anticipated, not only by local and surrounding Brides, but, by many vendor as well} to participate in this very stylish extravaganza. My mission: design a tablescape for a first-time competition being held during this bridal gala!
...Here's the catch... the competition was in six days!!! ....I accepted!... {YIKES!!!}.

As every business owner knows, this is time when all of your well-cultivated networking is essential. So, frantically, I manned the phones, tapping into every vendor that I could possibly could- all the while, trying to devise a winning 'tablescape' concept. The remainder of the week was a whirlwind of vendor visits, product selections & purchase orders. ...Leaving no time for my new,best obsession...blogging!

Well, the long & short of it was... after a very exhilerating but exhausting week... my table was competition ready by the deadline. The final results {aka} The Winner? So far, none of us who entered the competition has received the oscar winning phrase---'and the winner is'. So I'll keep you posted.

No comments: